Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager
The goal of this position is to enable business success through talent management. Successful candidates will have excellent organizational and communication skills, be self-motivating, extremely perceptive and capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The Human Resource Manager should have a strong business acumen, values and good judgement while balancing the role of company representative and employee advocate.
The Human Resource Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads department activities including the development of goals, objectives, processes and systems in alignment with business objectives.
- Accountable for management of the compensation program working with operations and finance to achieve targeted outcomes
- Management of payroll process ensuring accuracy
- Responsible for benefits administration; Works with finance and senior leadership for review of benefits package
- Provides guidance to management based upon knowledge of employment law including state and federal regulations.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable regulations, monitors all workers’ compensation case files; unemployment notices of entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner.
- Maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures
- Responsible for talent acquisition and retention activities
- Partners with the operations team to implement tactical HR solutions that support the organizations strategic objectives.
- Support management on employee relation matters
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other business meetings as needed.
- Actively engages in human resource society professional meetings to stay abreast of employment trends and opportunities to partner with other community human resource department professionals.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
The Human Resource Manager must possess the following critical skills:
- Sensitive treatment of confidential information
- Meet deadlines (payroll, monthly reporting, social report, projects)
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient
- Intermediate knowledge of employment laws
- Ability to manage conflict
- Knowledge of benefits and compensation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Service-oriented communication skills
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to act independently with sound business intelligence and professional maturity
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage with all levels of the employee population
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mediation, lead trainings, etc.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems (Paycor, ADP, Taleo, PIMS, METIS, SAP (FCS, VIMS, SRM)
Education and Experience
- Master’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- Three to five years of Human Resources experience in a fast-paced environment
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire date
Any offer of employment is contingent on completion of a background check and drug screen to company standard.